Rules and Conduct
code of conduct
NYSL is committed to the teaching and enjoyment of youth soccer. Our organization seeks to promote the highest standards of sportsmanship, decency, and positive behavior among its players, parents, coaches, and officials. All club members are expected to demonstrate the principles in this Code of Conduct while engaging in activities related to NYSL.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship by offering encouraging, supportive, and respectful words and actions to players, coaches, officials, and spectators.
- NYSL has a zero-tolerance policy for violence, bullying, and hazing.
- Always engage in safe behavior at NYSL events.
- Respect the officials’ decisions. All calls are final.
- Respect all NYSL fields, equipment, and facilities.
- For safety reasons, only authorized people should enter the field of play or approach the players’ bench.
- All NYSL events are drug, alcohol, and tobacco free.
- Focus on the joy of playing and watching soccer.
Any violations of this code will be reviewed by the NYSL Disciplinary Committee. This committee will consider the violation and your role in the league in order to determine appropriate consequences. By acknowledging that you have read this Code of Conduct, you are agreeing to abide by the Disciplinary Committee's decision. The decision will be communicated by the NYSL chair via email. Additionally, all coaches and NYSL board members are mandatory reporters required to notify proper authorities of any instances of violence or abuse.